The Gonen Laboratory will hold the 5th MicroED course in 2019. We are planning to hold the course at the MicroED Imaging Center at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine from December 9–12, 2019
The course is open to both academia as well as industry although historically the course is typically oversubscribed and space is limited.
- MicroED conception, practice, and future opportunities
- Electron optics for MicroED
- Microscope alignment and calibration for MicroED
- Sample preparation: protein and organic/inorganic materials, small molecules
- Data collection for both protein and small molecule
- Data analysis software, structure solution, and refinement
- Choice of electron microscope hardware and cameras
- MicroED publication standards—what statistics to include and when is your structure publication ready?
Key dates and information:
Application opens: August 12, 2019
Please send a cover letter detailing your main research interest, position held and years of experience in cryoEM and/or crystallography. Include a CV and a support letter from your PI if applicable.
Partial applications, or those missing material, will not be considered.
Applications close: October 1, 2019 Registration is now closed
No Late applications will be considered. No exceptions.
Successful applicants informed: October 12, 2019
Successful applicants will receive a link to the registration website with a unique identifier. The registration fee will be waved for in-need applicants on a case by case basis.
Deadline for registration October 31, 2019
No extensions are possible. If registration is not complete by the deadline you forfit your spot at the course and we will allocate your spot to someone from the waitlist.
Course: December 9–12, 2019
We look forward to welcoming you to UCLA and to the growing MicroED community!
Watch this space closer to the date for logistics.
Registration is now closed
Financial support by